Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Carrot model Feb 11th

After finishing my Totoro and almost finishing my octopus models I thought that I should attempt to make the basic shape for my final character, the carrott judge (which would then be duplicated).

I started off with the simple shape of a cone, which I stretched to get the right sort of angled point, but I couldn't figure out a way to smooth off the top spike, so I went on to make eyes (simply duplicated from the pupils of the Totoro model), arms which were cylinders stretched with a deformer, and then bent inwards, and a cylinder which I tried to line up with the carrot body. I then added the simple colours which would be used with the lambart shading, but felt again that it was unfinished.

One massive problem I had when modelling the carrot was placing the eyes, as when I rotated them to try to fit to the body they would deform massively. It took me ages to realise the cause of the problem, and when it finally clicked that the centre point wasn't in the centre of my eye it really frustrated me that it took me so long and wasted so much time trying to find the source of the problem.

Here is my first version of my carrot model... I am really unhappy with how it looks, especially compared to my other two models which I think have worked really well in simplicity of shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment