Wednesday 30 January 2013

Leeds Art Gallery and Leeds City Museum

One of the first things when starting this module was to take a trip to both Leeds Art Gallery and Leeds City Museum for the first section of the module. 

From one of the hand outs at the gallery I started looking at how some of the abstract sculptures resembled different animal shapes, for instance a flamingo. I also liked how in the passage the artist described his work to be like armatures, which directly links to this concept of skeletal structures and animation as a whole.

I then spent some time at Leeds City Museum, primarily in the lower ground section where all the taxidermy animals are kept. As I was certain I was going to do an animal character or a human crossed with an animal, I was interested in drawing their shapes, expressions and in some cases their skulls.

1 comment: