Sunday 28 April 2013

Feast Exhibition at Leeds Gallery

Chris and I managed to make it down to the opening night of Feast Exhibition held at Leeds Gallery, where a few of our friends were exhibiting. Matt Saunders, a friend that we have both worked with for the Ellen and the Escapades music video, was exhibiting and filled most of the space with his log creatures and drawings of monsters and woodland creatures. We also spotted one of out twitter friends Amy from TigerTea had a few prints and vinyl stickers on display. Other exhibitors include Matt the Horse (a tutor on the Visual Communications course), Lord Whitney (a twosome which create set design, and that I have been following madly since I first discovered them last year), among others.

As well as the exhibition, I chose to spend a lot of my time in the shop Colours May Vary, located opposite the gallery, and was able to chat to the two owners about the difficulties in freelancing and their aim to support the arts. I was also introduced to Jay Cover, of NousVous, by Lydia my friend on Vis-com, where we spoke about a talk he is at at university (which I unfortunately missed).

Overall it was a fun night, and great to catch up with friends, and meet some new people.

 Matt Saunders
TigerTea

(Both photographs were taken by Chris Luk, as I was unable to take my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment