Sunday 28 April 2013

Game lighting

In Japanese culture lighting plays a massive part of their everyday lives. When doing quick drawings from my mood board, I wanted to experiment with the impact of lighting on a street, by using tracing paper and adding tip-ex to the places where artificial light is being emitted.

I then went one step further and found an image of a Japanese street at night time, where I taped the tracing paper directly onto my computer screen and drew straight off it, in the same manor as the last image. As a quick sketch and a simple experiment as to how important light is I feel this worked.

Now I have established that I need to focus on lighting I began to look at different lanterns and ways that I can use lighting in my game environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment