Wednesday 3 April 2013

Mary Blair

Although she never worked for game development, Mary Blair is one of my strongest influences when looking at pre-production. As one of Disney's most well regarded concept artists, Mary Blair worked in Disney's 'Golden Age' along with the nine old men.

Peter Pan, as well as being one of my favourite animated films of all time, is my favourite of the films that Mary Blair has done visualisation for. The simple and clean colour palettes and remarkable amount of texturing makes these images so impressive. The use of lighting and shadow is also something I really find inspiring, as I often struggle with this, and will be using her work as reference for my own work.













She has also worked on some of Disney's other great 2D animated features, such as...

Cinderella

Dumbo

Alice in Wonderland

Lady and the tramp

No comments:

Post a Comment