Sunday 28 April 2013

Indie Game: The Movie

I had the chance last weekend to watch Indie Game: The Movie, a film I was wanting to see but was reminded by Annabeth that it would be a good starting point for this module. I found it really interesting to watch how different people coped with the pressures of freelancing and working for yourself, and the success stories of the interviewees. I was able to see characteristics of myself in each person, showing their determination and passion, but also their lack of experience doing anything like this and their fear of the unknown and how people will respond to their work. More and more I am seeing this in myself, where I am becoming too afraid to produce my own work, in the fear that others may look down on me or mock it if it goes wrong. Watching this however gave me the confidence to put my work out their, take criticism on the chin and develop from it. If they are able to make such beautiful, inventive and imaginative games with only a few people in the team, if not alone in the case of the game FEZ, then I can do it too!! Maybe not to the same level, but I can give it a damn try.

I could not recommend this documentary enough. If you like ridiculously talented nerds then you're in for a treat.

Indie Game: The Movie Official Trailer from IndieGame: The Movie on Vimeo.

http://buy.indiegamethemovie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment