Friday 2 November 2012

Animation post 3

Benigni by Elli Vuorinen, is yet another of my all time favourite animations. This, by far, has to be one of the most thought provoking animations I have ever seen. I was stunned silent for days after seeing it, and still a year on from when I first laid eyes on it, I still have the same reaction when it finished. The narrative is superb. The lighting, the set design, the characters, the atmosphere created by all of these elements combined makes this animation so memorable in my eyes. The use of plasticine is done in such a sophisticated way, yet still retains the charm and hand crafted feel. I love it, I love it, I love it. The end.


Again, to look at the rest of her impressive portfolio of work, go and visit her website: http://ellivuorinen.com/animations/benigni

No comments:

Post a Comment