As I have fallen drastically behind, having to take the majority of time-tabled sessions off due to illness, and not having Maya on my own laptop and being dependant on being in Uni for this module, I jumped at the opportunity to spend the bank holiday Monday modelling at Chris' house on his computer.
I first started off wanting to create my bubble blower machine, as this has already got the particle effect simulator almost complete and set up ready to be attached to the model.
At first, I was finding it really difficult to model in Maya, especially as I was so worried about the Polycount that I just made really awful shapes.
To create the napkin, which I thought would have been a simple model, I had the trouble that when I cut a rectangle in half that the object became hollow. Luckily Chris told me about the append to polygon tool, which allows you to fill the face that is missing without adding any more vertex's.