Tuesday 7 May 2013

Bubble tutorial

For the bubble blower I created in Unity, I wanted to create my own bubbles rather than using the ready made effect. As bubbles are a complex thing to illustrate (and illustrate well), I decided to go on the hunt for tutorials which may help me as a starting point.

I came across this one at http://apofiss.deviantart.com/art/MAGIC-bubble-tutorial-172319836 which has helped me create my first bubble illustration. Although I didn't follow it step by step, it gave me a good introduction into where I should start.

Using tips from the tutorial, I started to try and create my own, playing about with the different Photoshop layer settings to give different effects. Here is my first experiment. I am hoping to create a few more before choosing a final image to use for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment