Friday 3 May 2013

Mock and Roll



Although I missed the opening night for the exhibition, I was lucky enough to be able to go down to see it still up with my Mum on a day out. This collaborative exhibition was of work created by Jack Hudson and the creative duo Lord Whitney. Their hope was to recreate some of the weirdest iconic record sleeves in their own weird and unique way. As a usual fan of Lord Whitney I was expecting a lot from this exhibition and sadly I wasn't too fond on all of the work. The two pictures above were my favourite pieces, but I think I missed the joke in a way as I didn't recognise many, and only liked these two for the weird quirkiness. If you do have a spare hour to run down to Leeds Gallery in Munro House I do recommend you do before it closes as it is such a different medium to what is usually shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment